Welcome to part 2 of this discussion.
Today's topic dives a little deeper into why your repair business has a website, strategy, goals, and results.
While leaving answers of this nature in an open forum such as these might seem like your giving away secrets or that you might be intimidated to do so, please remember that this website is about helping the collision repair industry and small business owners like you.
Our aim is to help you by giving you opportunities to see how your colleagues around the country are dealing many of the same issues as you. You may just find a gem that helps you and by your participation you might just offer someone else that same gem.
1. Why does your repair business have a website?
2. When designing and planning your website what where the primary objectives?
* Visual Style (colors, pictures, eye candy, etc)
* Communications tool
* Supplement your other advertising mediums
* To sell additional products or services
3. Does your business have a plan or strategy for your website or web presence?
4. Do you feel or perceive that your website is, has been, or should be a vital tool in your marketing/communications arsenal?
5. Do you feel that your website has met your objectives?
6. What changes would you like to make?
7. How long has it been since you've made changes, additions, updates, upgrades etc. to your website and do you make these changes on a regular basis?
8. Lastly, for today; how do you market your website?
Don't forget to check out the forum that goes along with these questions.
Have a great day.